Renewing Ourselves, Our Church and Our World
The members of the Association of Pittsburgh Priests strive to be the progressive voice of Catholic social teaching in southwestern Pennsylvania. Our association with the APP and its members facilitates the timely exchange of ideas with one another, resulting in a stronger voice to advocate for major church renewal and social justice reform. We offer many learning and sharing opportunities to help each of us strengthen our voice for Catholic renewal.
Speaker Series and Workshops
The APP provides cutting edge thinking in and about the Catholic Church and Catholic Social Teaching. Join us for upcoming presentations and workshops led by prominent thinkers and doers within the Catholic Church. We strive to offer a selection of speakers on a range of topics that help engaged Catholics understand their role in living God's mission within our faith tradition. We also offer workshops after a speaker for people who are interested in exploring a given topic in great detail.
A Prophetic Voice - APP Statements of Position
The following statements have been approved by the APP Board of Directors
- Bishop Wester on Nuclear Disarmament - Jan 11, 2022
- The Critical Importance of the Eucharist - October 10, 2021
- Regarding the Recent Killings of People of Color - June 8, 2020
- App Voting With An Informed Moral Conscience: A Guide For Catholic Voters - June 8, 2020
- Assosciation of Pittsburgh Priests Ukraine Statement – April 12, 2022
- Assosciation of Pittsburgh Priests Abortion Statement – June 13, 2022
Faith in Action
APP’s work flows from our baptismal call.
If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and no food for the day and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, keep warm and eat well,” but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it? So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead.